If you are planning an install of SCOM 2007 R2 to monitor your SharePoint 2010 environment (either Foundation or Server) these links will be invaluable to you:
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cumulative Update 4
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
- Configuring SCOM R2 Management Pack for SharePoint 2010 Foundation Monitoring
- Configuring SCOM R2 Management Pack for SharePoint Server 2010 Monitoring
A few points to make your life easier:
Make sure you download the SharePoint MP from Microsoft downloads and import it and not through SCOM otherwise you will not have the SharePointMP.config file which is required to configure the SharePoint Management Pack.
The configuration task expects to find the SharePointMP.config in the “C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs” folder. Additional configuration is required to monitor the additional services in SharePoint Server.
Make sure the SharePoint Farm Administrator Account used by SCOM is titled “SharePoint Discovery/Monitoring Account”
otherwise the configuration task will fail, it goes without saying that the account MUST be in the Farm Administrators Group.
You start the configuration task in SCOM by clicking the link circled red below which will appear in the right sidebar when you have the “Administration” view selected under the “SharePoint 2010 Products” MP.
If you need more details I would definitely encourage you to check out these great blog posts on TechNet: