This is a project on CodePlex which demonstrates the capabilities of a SharePoint Software Factory. It is an extension for both Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.
To use the software factory you must install the following packages:
- Microsoft Guidance Automation Extensions (GAX) – February 2008 Release
- Microsoft Guidance Automation Extensions for Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Update (GAXP1409)
- Download and install the Software Factory
- Start Visual Studio. Create a new project. You will find a new project template "SharePoint 2007 Application" under "Guidance Packages"
- Within the project you will find new context menus for SharePoint development
If you are interested in doing SharePoint development with Team Foundation Server you can read more about it here in this document on MSDN: