Microsoft has released an updated copy of their whitepaper (Published 8/5/2011) which provides an overview of the Visual Studio 2010 product line, including MSDN subscriptions, and the licensing requirements for those products in common deployment scenarios.
It is available in DOC, PDF and XPS formats.
Here are the list of changes for August 2011:
- Addition of option to use SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010.
- Launch of Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011
Here are the list of changes for March 2011:
- Introduction of unlimited load testing for Visual Studio Ultimate for MSDN subscribers.
- Introduction of Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 and Project Server Integration Feature Pack.
- Introduction of full Visual Studio product line via the Enrollment for Education Solutions in the Campus Agreement program in Microsoft Volume Licensing.
- Addition of Windows on the Developer Desktop section.
- Addition of Software Activation section.
- Clarifications in General Licensing Guidance for Team Foundation Server 2010 section.
- Clarifications on Team Foundation Server CALs requirements, including the CAL Exception for Certain Work Items.
- Clarification that a Project Server CAL is included with production use of Project Professional 2010.
- Clarification on software use rights for MSDN subscriptions provided via the Microsoft Partner Network.
- Minor clarification in Distribution of MSDN Software as Part of an Installation Image.
- Minor clarification in Assigning MSDN Subscriptions to External Contractors example.