I have been eagerly awaiting the WM6 upgrade for the HTC TyTN from Rogers. When I registered the phone on HTC’s web site it said the WM6 upgrade was available but for some reason not for this particular model from Rogers. The weeks went by and I got more impatient and so yesterday I was going to upgrade my HTC TyTN to WM6. Here are the steps I did:
- Run a utility to unlock the HTC Hermes CID
- Download the AT&T 8525 Official ROM
- Reconfigure the Rogers Data Connection by following these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Connections Tab
- Tap on Connections
- Tap on "Add a new modem connection"
- Enter a name for the connection "Rogers" or something else
- Select "Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)" under "select a modem"
- Enter internet.com for "Access Point Name"
- Username: wapuser1
- Password: wap
- Tap Finish
- Now you probably want to customize your WM6 device with some of the HTC utilities
- Soft reset the device and select the HTC Black theme and enjoy, don’t forget to configure your location for the weather application.